Subject: [Leica] M7 shutter speed problem -- obviously an electronic fault---
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 03:40:33 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Frank and Sonny for your suggestions.

I opened a brand new CR 3V battery and put it the the M7.  I went in search
of another, as it takes two of those.  Couldn't find one in camera or
electrical stores!  I ordered one from Amazon and should have it soon.  I
did buy 2 brand new 1.5 V cells.  Still, the M7 has the same weird faults
making it unusable.

I think a lot of people know the M7 is the least reliable M, but it's not
said very loudly because... well, we want these cameras to have some resale
value!

The DX coding problem is not related to this case.  With no film in the
camera, this fault also occurs.  Doesn't matter if I manually set the ISO on
the back, or leave it at DX, which, when empty or with unmarked film
defaults to 100.

It's a weird problem.  250 doesn't work at all, 8 seconds works as bulb,
auto not working at all, etc.

I don't 'heart' my M7 right now!

Peter Cheyne
Peter Cheyne