Subject: [Leica] Holga D
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:45:17 -0500

Everybody's trying to come up with a digital Holga.

It's the Holy Grail of hipster camera manufacture. No one can seem to get
the image _bad_ enough in a good way. Sad attempts have been mounting Holga
lenses on a 35mm sensor (but the lens is actually relatively sharp in the
center) the LensBaby (which, imho, succeeds only in making a photo with out
of focus edges, (though they're in Gen 3 of trying and apparently making
money hand over fist) and badging ordinary crappy digital cameras as "the
new D-Holga!" but nobody's been able to mimic that quality. I suspect that
someone who put their mind to it could come up with a PhotoShop action that
would simulate it better than any camera.

The last Digtial Holga people went nuts over was the Yashica EZ F521 which
was even cooler because you couldn't get one in the US:

http://blog.americanpeyote.com/2009/11/08/digital-holga-yashica-ez-f521-review/