Subject: [Leica] GF1 drops $300
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:19:12 +0900

Not only that, but I recently received a letter from Leica UK advising me
that there are not stock problems with the M9 anymore and listing lots of UK
dealers that have them in stock. This kind of marketing is normally an
indication of unsold stock accumulating at the distributor and/or dealers,
always a good sign for bargain hunters :-)

But not me, not yet. It needs to get to ?3000 or less before I bite.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 8 Dec, 2010, at 7:51 , Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Well actually I don't think that USA prices have dropped have they??????
> But Europe and AUS have.
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>
> NO ARCHIVE
>

> On 8 December 2010 08:44, Richard Man <richard at imagecraft.com> wrote:
>
>> And people looked at me funny when I said used M9 would drop to $6000 by
>> the
>> end of the year :-)
>>
>> Honestly, I think carrying the M is no more difficult than a small 4/3
>> cam.
>> HOWEVER, that M9 is just ergonomically speaking, lesser than the M7 and
>> prior. It just pokes at me - much less now without the Thumbsup but it is
>> still a pain in the side.
>>
>> And it's not like I am super skinny. Judging from what other people wrote,
>> it appears that a small number of us are just too skinny in the wrong
>> places
>> :-)
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> On the other hand, a new M9 has dropped $1300 here ;-).
>>> Actually I 've been shooting mine a fair bit at ISO 1000 of late and it
>>> works very well. Some stuff at ISO 1600 as well and they can be developed
>>> into very acceptable photos. Plus my lenses are faster than the Panny
>>> options ;-) ;-)
>>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/130832695
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff
>>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

>> --
>> // richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
>> // icc blog: <http://imagecraft.com/blog/>
>> // photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>
>> [ For technical support on ImageCraft products, please include all
>> previous
>> replies in your msgs. ]

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain