Subject: [Leica] GF 1 drops $300
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 06:59:27 +0100

I don't know. But the reason I bought the GF1 was because I read about
the GF2 and was concerned that the GF1 would be discontinued because
of it, that and the price dropped. I didn't really need one, though I
do like having that size sensor in a carry-around camera. The M9 is
not on my agenda. Can't see myself walking around in Zomba or
Blantyre, Malawi with that much capital strung across my shoulder and
if I'm not going to take it everywhere, then there's no point in
having one. A camera left at home doesn't produce very good results.

But these production runs ... the GF2 might even be discontinued or
any other model on the market for that matter. Marketing figures out
they'll sell si and so much. They do a production run, and that's
that. Time for the next model before the first one is even out on the
market.

Daniel