Subject: [Leica] Brand Library
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:38:40 -0800

quantran101 offered:

>I sent this email few hours ago, but for some reason, I did not see the
> email arrive to my inbox, so I'm sending this email again.  Sorry, if it
> appears twice for some.
>
> http://1lens.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/brand-library/

Hello  Q.
Well sometimes folks don't make any comment about a photograph, so that is
the reason why it may look to you, your picture post didn't get through.

My instant reaction was... "You tilted the camera upwards creating an ugly
distortion of the building!"  In this kind of situation if you do not have a
wide enough angle lens to cover the building without tilting...
Shoot the most exciting scene in vertical, maintaining perfectly correct
verticals and horizontal lines. It's a more pleasing photograph even though
it may not be the perfect horizontal frame you wished to shoot.

As for the sign? Don't let it bother you as it's their loss in many cases!
Just shoot it anyway because I'm sure they mean Professionals shooting
pictures for sale?

It has the makings of a nice photo location, unfortunately the tilt kills
the quality! Better luck next time!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)