Subject: [Leica] the beautiful faces... on ambiguity
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 13:38:41 -0800

When I read Phillipe's words below, I realized that this is one reason
why I don't comment on photos a lot. My time and energy are limited,
we're a high-volume group, and it is difficult just to *read* most of
the LUG and view all the pictures. Which I do.  I usually comment only
when I feel I have something unique to contribute, which isn't all that
often.  I'm reluctant to commit to the "Forever of the Internet" too
many writings that simply say "great shot" without going much into why.

If a picture *really* grabs me, I say so.  If I have a technical
suggestion, or something negative, I usually do it off-list.  This
leaves an awful lot of excellent work that I don't comment on.
Sometimes when no one comments on photos I've posted, I wonder if the
silence means "it's mediocre," or "it sucks."  Then I remember my own
schedule.

I just wanted to tell everyone that though I don't often comment, I try
to view every photo posted here, and appreciate most of what I see. And
of course, being human, I appreciate those comments I do get, and wish
people would comment on my photos more.   So I'm inconsistent.   :-)
:-)  :-)

--Peter