Subject: [Leica] Raw button on X100
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:39:28 -0500

This just out:
http://www.finepix-x100.com/latest-updates/raw-functionality-explained
Could be a real cool thing but I'm betting on it being a blooper.
And I checked its not the beginning of April.

Am trying to come up with good raw button jokes but have a feeling I'll be
beaten to the punch. Beaten to a raw pulp.
Seems to me there is a shread of legacy of quirky interfaces with
rangefinder digital cameras?
Seems like the  R1D1 had some issues. I don't think the M9 has any.

My camera would be set up for raw shooting so if I hit the raw button
accidently would it make the shot turn out medium rare?
If I hit the button quickly twice do I get mesquite flavoring? To me that's
what makes all the difference.

It certainly looks like a button which could be hit accidently.
With who knows what odd effect!

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com