Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:41:16 -0500

I just read somebody on the internet thought the DMR was not such a bad deal
as it gave Leica practice on their first digital M. well the M8 was good
practice for the M9  as well and I think the M9 is a pretty good camera.
Perhaps a third out for Leica.
Me im not anticipating gremlins with the S2. As its a forth out.
I don't think these Germans are fooling around.
I think it will be or already is a reliable camera which is just going to
work... Inspire the people who use them.
Ted picked one up a few weeks ago I think and was impressed I've also been
blown away by the experience. Just picking the thing up and clicking it
gives one delusions of grandeur like nothing has before. Megalomania. I'm
sure I got red in the face. Needed a cold shower.
I'm going to say right now I think its the greatest Leica ever made ever.
Film or digital. Based on the quality of images I'm knowing its going to
make. With really plenty of spontaneity. I mean its not a dumb modular box
it looks like a real regular camera nobodies going to have to figure out how
to take pictures with a brick sitting on top of a tripod.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb