Subject: [Leica] who's going to photograph the lunar eclipse tonight?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 04:40:42 -0500

Before a half hour ago I'd getting at iso 64,000 wide open at f4.5 the fully
eclipsed moon it was blood / brown. Braced up against a tree. And a bus stop
post.

Just now I went out this time with my resin Gitzo from sunny France out
there in the below freezing and this time with thicker gloves not driving
gloves and I was shooting this time first with the bright top rim of the
moon showing at iso 250 stopped down a stop and a half to 5.6/8 at 200th of
a second. I need to get a cable release. They're more than a hundred bucks.
My self timer was set way too long like a half a minute. I was shivering too
much to figure out how to make it shorter. You could not get both the bright
half as well as the dark half the contrast was too great. We'll see how it
opens in Photoshop. I may be able to get both.
That's it for me tonight in the full shivering moon.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb