Subject: [Leica] A Little Moon Picture
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:07:19 -0500

Since we knew construction workers would be shattering our sleep just
a few hours later, I didn't do anything elaborate to try to document
this eclipse.  Like actually going outside, or finding a tripod.  But
it was visible through our southwest window, so I grabbed a few
handheld shots of the partially-eclipsed moon with a little Panasonic
GF1 bolted to the back of a 180mm Apo-Elmarit-R, then staggered off to
bed.

Today I cropped to the vicinity of the small bright lunar blob in the
middle of the frame.  I'm sure others utilizing better technique must
have some fabulous results, but I think this came out better than it
had a right to.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jbm/scratch/jbm-20101221-gf1-003.jpg.html

 -Jeff