Subject: [Leica] IMG: Dive bomber
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:17:47 -0800

Thanks, everyone! I wrote a post earlier today, which seems to have
vanished.

Alan:  I think I might change the title to "Aeronaut."  :-)

Daniel:  I remembered that you had met Ewa in Israel.  Yes, the Dead Sea
is drying up.  The southern part has been temporarily saved by a channel
that lets in water from the northern part.  The highway is now quite a
bit away from the water's edge in many places  where it used to be right
at the shoreline. The Jordanians have a plan to channel water from the
Red Sea into the Dead Sea to replenish it, and the Israelis seem to
think it's a good idea.

Masada has an eerie history. Depending on which account you believe, and
on your perspective, it's either an heroic example of people willing to
die by their own hands rather than capitulate to those who would deny
them their faith and freedom, or it's the Jonestown of the ancient world.

--Peter