Subject: [Leica] The richest artist/photographer?
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:51:20 -0800

Hi All- There is a piece in Vanity Fair  december 2010 magazine about
the octogenarian heir to the L'Oreal cosmetics fortune (Liliane
Bettencourt , age 84) - and her boyfriend artist/photographer
Francoise-Marie- Banier, age 64. The article says she conferred onto
him gifts totaling $1.34 BILLION. There is a full page picture of him
holding his R8 - interrupted while aiming to take a happy snap. I
thought R Leicas were out and M9s were in.
I've been reading the LUG where a lot of members are lusting for an S2
system. Could we get him to join the LUG and buy everyone an S2 so our
photography would improve? Happy dreaming! Stasys

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The richest artist/photographer?)