Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT Grant proposal writing
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:24:25 -0500

Happy new year to all!
This is slightly off topic but does deal with photography.
I'm looking to apply for several research grants to do long-form
photographic work here in the US. These are outside of University from
a big foundation here in the states.

My problem or issue is that all of the grant writing advice available
to me at school is through the humanities or hard sciences departments.
The assistance that is offered is based upon academic research when the
final product will be a book not a body of photographic work. My
department doesn't have funding to offer grants which forces any
studies we do to come under the Humanities, usually Anthropology
dept. Most everything I can find about writing grant proposals
elsewhere is the same with the images serving to support writing, while
I aim to have the writing support the images.

Since we have a large body of photographers here on the LUG I'm hoping
that I could get some advice from one or a few of you on this topic.

Many thanks in advance.

Phil Forrest

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How Deep Is It?)