Subject: [Leica] Leica investment economics - was Financial people in Lug
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:19:31 -0800

That's the wrong way of look at things. When I buy a car, I drive it until
it falls apart, and amortize over the lifetime, they cost pennies a day.
Lets see, $20K for 10 years (and the minivan is still going) is 66 cents a
day so far and dropping!

Ditto with the cameras. My OM-4T had at least 500 rolls so that's less than
a dollar a roll. Same with the M7.

The R-D1 served me 20,000 pics so 8 cents a pic when I sold it.

The E-3, at 40,000 pics and counting, it's only 4 cents per pic. If I sell
it for $500-$600 and trade it for an E-5, I am still way ahead.

Mamiya 7II? Used it for a full years. Shot about 100 rolls of 220. Sold it
for pretty much the same price I paid for, so the pics are FREE!!!

And who can argue with free? :-)

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]