Subject: [Leica] 4/3 Adapters
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:51:20 +0100

Hi Geoff, in my case I did not buy the GF-1 specifically to use my M lenses
on it but rather to have a smaller, lighter outfit for those situations when
even the M outfit is too big and heavy. The ability to use the M lenses on
the body with good results is a delicious bonus. Even then, I agree with
what George has said in the past, namely that most cameras work best with
the system lenses designed for it--I am very pleased with the results I get
from the 20mm pancake and the 7-14mm. But having the equivalent of an
f1.4/100mm Summilux as an option is not shabby either :-)

Cheers,
Nathan

On 29 Dec, 2010, at 22:05 , Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Thanks Harrison (and others contributing). Always interested to learn
> something new. I follow what you are saying regarding the
> composition/viewing. It is interesting that many people adopting these
> newer
> concept cameras are doing it to adapt high quality primes, some of them
> many
> times more expensive than the new cameras. Probably not what Olympus and
> Panasonic envisioned originally. Or maybe I just hang out with people who
> own a lot of high quality prime lenses!
> By the way it is actually sunny today after weeks of cloud and rain. We had
> our coldest December overnight minimum before Christmas. It got all the way
> down to 58F. Not seeing any snow in the swimming pool just yet though and
> today is heading for  84F and sunny
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman