Subject: [Leica] The Pope visit in Barcelona
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:03:44 -0800

Lluis Ripoll  showed:

> I've selected 18 images from a total of 80, my intention is continue
> postig these. If you have the time I recommend view enlarged or
> slideshow at larger size, thanks. I've created an Album:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Papa/  <<<<<<<<<<<<

Bon jour Lluis mon ami,

The LIGHT! The  LIGHT! :-) And in B&W! A clean wonderful set of photographs
of the people behind the scenes where the content has far greater impact at
times, instead of the Pontiff himself as we usually see during a visit.

A few photos when people are looking at the camera or are aware you are
taking their picture, I'd cut! These few take away from the strength of the
candid moment of the others.

It's the behind scenes rarely seen when it's the Pope! Usually everyone
attempts to photograph the Pope! Which is almost an impossiblity to get
clean and interesting images unless you have PRESS credentials allowing you
special access for better positions to shoot from.

It's your ability to see behind the scenes moments, where quite frankly,
there are far more interesting pictures than always fighting the crowds for
a mili-second glimpse of the passing Pope surronded by security officers.
Well done mon ami, well done. :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] The Pope visit in Barcelona)