Subject: [Leica] Keyboard illumination
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 13:39:32 -0500

Mark writes:

"I am having vision and neck problems so I raised my laptop up with a raiser

thing I got in the apple store. I'm not using the apple keypad with numeric

keyboard under it. Its dark. No more back lit. so I have to find some LED

thing which I know they have which plug into the usb port for power I think

I've seen them."

Kensington used to make keyboard illuminators consisting of a LED attached
to a bendable 1 ft. long wire which terminated in a USB plug. Plug it in,
bend it so that the LED illuminates the keyboard, and you can type in a coal
cellar at midnight. The cost was about $20.

HOWEVER, Dollar stores sell a ripoff which works exactly the same for only
$1. Buy two, plug one into each side of the keyboard and have 3D lighting.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Keyboard illumination)