Subject: [Leica] Nawlins Night Snaps
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 20:35:46 -0800

Sonny Carter offered:

> I'm in New Orleans tonight, and ate a great meal with Kathy, Adam and
> Savanna at John Tesh's Domenica Restaurant.
>
> They took off to catch a film, and I'm relaxing.  I stepped out onto the
> balcony into the rather chilly 52 f  (for here) air and took a few snaps.
>
> Here are two:
> http://sonc.com/look/?p=616
> http://sonc.com/look/?p=620 <<<<<,,

Hi Sonny,
What I really like when I see a couple of frames like these?

A/ they are not likely going to win a pulitzer prize. But they do show what
is possible if you just go shoot pictures without a whole bunch of technical
stuff blocking one's seeing ability! Sure sometimes a bit of undertanding of
the ASA or ISO is required, but it's night? "So what, go shoot pictures!"
Because it's quite possible if you don't drag in all the technical crap some
people do.
If more of them do as you do.... "SEE -- SHOOT!" We'd have a greater number
of interesting photographs on the screen!

I particularly like the first photograph!

cheers,
ted