Subject: [Leica] Mejiro (Japanese white-eye)
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 16:35:52 +0900

Thanks for the comments, Ted & George.

I love mejiro.  They are so cute, colourful, and curious!  Their
yellow orange breasts reflected the orange of the fruit, and when the
light was right, the rest of their feathers would glow green.

I was two metres away from the birds, and had the crop the photos
quite a bit.  Mind, that Canadian 90 Summicron is one of my favourite
lenses.  Sharp as a straight razor, as Ted says, and with a wonderful
colour palette, sometimes a bit cool, often in pastel shades.  Lovely
for portraits and I find it can be used to show natural scenes as
painterly presentations.

All the best,

Peter Cheyne