Subject: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image ?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 12:10:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

IMO the most important aspect of any image, regardless of genre,
is simply the level of IMPACT (holding power)is has on the viewer.

Of course, without light, there is no image. It's the pot that holds
all the other elements together, so that will always rank up there,
as will the idea or subject we select, our individual technical prowess,
and how we handle composition elements to deliver our idea.

Listing elements in "declining order of importance" does not work for
me, unless, we are all discussing one particular photograph. ;-)

Like a good chef, a good photog uses different ingredients in varying
quantities, to produce different and exciting dishes (Images).

Montie

>>Hi All- with all the reading we do of the LUG and looking at submitted
images - please list the half dozens things that come to mind that are
really germaine (sic) to an excellent image. In declining order of
importance.
Thanks, Stasys

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image ?)