Subject: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:48:50 -0800

Mark Rabiner  offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic
image?
>>Just as Taking a normal Raw File and converting it to grayscale makes
>>doing
your work a two not one step process.
So its kind of the same thing as what you're talking about only in reverse.
We're just getting rid of the color wash and leaving ourselves with the
black and white elements.<<<<<<<<<<<,

Mark,
I wonder if you wouldn't mind explaining the situation if I'm shooting with
a Digilux 2 set on.... "B&w?" There isn't any colour exchange involved
changing RAW colour to B&W? Now maybe the camera does this and I'm not
aware? You look through the viewfinder and the scene or situation is B&W.
You shoot and it's just as it appeared in the viewfinder.... B&W!

You look through the view finder and you are looking at a B&W world. And if
you wish to have an absolutely wierd visual experince it is???  ... "Look at
the world in B&W through the viewfinder ... "SHOOT!"  And immediatey return
to the normal world of colour!. :-) It is a rather unusual visual
experince.!" :-)
Cheers,
Dr. ted :-)