Subject: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:38:30 -0500

I'm not going to compare my body of work to yours Ted but I went digital
eight years ago but my body of work somebody would want to buy a print from
goes back forty years and ninety percent of that was black and white.
So 40/8.
A print of mind sold from a gallery on the internet for  around $350; It was
a Black and white darkroom fiber 16x20 a year or two ago. I gave it to a
collector photo expert friend of mine in Portland as I thought he liked it.
But he had a gallery selling it in the midwest. Welcome to the big world!
Flattering at one hand a stab in the back on the other.
Especially as they had me listed as "retired photographer".
I have not yet begun!
As serious photography goes:
The stuff out there is going to be mainly black and white as It goes back to
1839.
But what I'm seeing now with most going digital is color.

In the end I think its hard to see in black and white when your camera is
just mindlessly getting all the colors. Its up to you to do what you want
with those colors. It seems to be more easy to leave them in.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb