Subject: [Leica] MUST SEE
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 03:23:45 -0500

"Man With A Camera" is a great show to watch today with all that
photographic history. The gear featured runs the gamut. I've seen
Rolleiflexes, a pair of Robots (I think) Leica M3 DS, M2, Nikon S2 or S3
and of course the Graflex Super Graphic. It brings up questions of
product placement now.
It's interesting to see these things in the days before the SLR took
over. Yes, even in a TV show, but their placement and detailed use in
the series shows both how ubiquitous the gear was and how the fans of
the show knew what Kovac would be doing with his cameras (Usually I
really think that Bronson is taking those photos when I'm watching due
to the way he's using the camera.)
Flashbulbs really flash, Kovac changes them constantly. He loads a
Leica M at least once an episode which is not really a glamorous act
but it happens.
It's just a fun and very interesting look into the past, to almost the
beginning of widespread television penetration into the US households.

Makes me want to be a freelance photographer!  ;)

Phil Forrest