Subject: [Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think)
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:55:51 -0500

On Jan 12, 2011 at 02:49 PM +0900, Peter Cheyne wrote:
> that's what I should do! Thanks! There are other Mac users at work, so I
> will ask around if I can borrow a battery to try.
>
> The 'pfzzt' sound when it switches off is very quiet, and I think is just
> the hard drive being abruptly stopped and maybe other things losing power
> immediately.  Not coming from the battery.

My one macbook did that.  It was one that work owned and came to me used.
Never did warn me when to shutdown.  Somewhere between 5-20% life left on
the battery, the thing would just shutdown hard.  The tech at work never
could figure it out and I just lived with it.  Not sure if it was something
in the computer, or something wrong with the monitoring circuitry of the
battery.

You could always try resetting the PMU.  Google 'macbook pmu' or 'macbook
smc'.  It might help but probably not.

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] FS: Poster-sized aerial photographs for sale)