Subject: [Leica] interesting read (for "creatives")
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:59:52 -0600

On Jan 12, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Gary Todoroff wrote:

> Thanks, George -- I just sent point #4 to a prospective client who is
> considering some of my aerial photographs as a way of educating prospects
> about opportunities around Humboldt Bay. The main photograph in mind has
> been selling really well as a poster at:
> http://northcoastphotos.com/Poster%20Humboldt%20Bay%20Mt%20Shasta
>
> Amazing what you learn on the LUG!
>
> Gary Todoroff
> Tree LUGger
>

> At 11:54 AM 1/12/2011, you wrote:
>> <http://www.fastcompany.com/1714771/shaping-the-future-7-predictions-for-the-creative-community>

I've been preaching #4 for decades.
20+ years ago while trying to move a client onto the power of the internet
I suggested making his expertise (retaining walls) available to the public.
We had all these drawings in print and pdf form for his clients.
He wanted them available to his clients via password.
I said, "if you make them available to everyone you'll become the leader in
the industry."
After almost two years of prodding he finally got it;
and my prognostication became true.
Everyone was flocking to his site to find out "how to do it"
because we had the best drawings and specifications available.

Within another year he was no longer spending $70K a year on printing.
All the literature was made available on line (both technical and sales).
And he was considered the best (if not the biggest) in the field.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com