Subject: [Leica] [IDCC] Re: Which SBOOI is more rare - all chrome, or chrome with black?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:20:25 -0500

Results of playing with the SBOOI optics

.... doesn't fit the Nikon housing.  Damn.  Outer diameter of the glass
is too large to get deep enough in the Nikon finder.

But, I now know what the optical formula is, of the SBOOI, and likewise,
the Nikon finder.

So elegantly simple.   Hint - it is a 1:1 finder.   Not a lens.  A
simple plano cylinder.  The silvered face is lensed, to image the
brightline at infinity;  so to retain the plano cylinder, a matching
lens, but reversed with identical curvature, is cemented on the mirrored
surface. Simple.

I now need someone who can cut a few millimeters off the rear plano face
of the SBOOI middle lens, and re-polish it flat.

Piece of cake, right?

....Vick