Subject: [Leica] To those that repair, is naptha (lighter fluid) the same as electronics cleaning solvent?
From: stewartk at mcn.org (Stewart Sansen Kinner)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:37:43 -0800

?Hi Vick,

I used to use something called Cramalin, ( not sure if the spelling
is correct) for cleaning all of my restored "Ham" radio gear ( mostly
Collins ) and most of the relays that they contained of which almost
90% had plastic housings. I never had any situations where the
cleaner affected the surrounding support structure or the other parts
around it. Some of the older vintage radio gear I have restored had
some very sensitive plastic and other parts that I would not touch
with anything but this cleaner. It evaporates very quickly and
removes oxidization with no need to scrub or wipe unless it was
heavily coated with a preservative that some of the military gear
came packed / coated with called _Cosmoline_ that would require some
wiping and elbow grease.

I was introduced to the cleaner by a good long time friend that runs
a commercial radio shop and swore by it.

Hope this helps some.
stew