Subject: [Leica] IMG: More About Ross Lens
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:03:55 -0600

I received my monopod yesterday, and tried it with the E-1 and the only two
200mm lenses that I have, the Ross 200mm f/16 from 1890, and a Pentax
Takumar from the 1970s.  The monopod helps with steadying the camera, which
I will find useful.  Surprisingly, the Ross lens holds it own with its more
modern, though old itself, competitor.  Colors seem a little brighter with
the coated Pentax lens, but the Ross seems a little sharper.

Here is a Ross image, again, shot through a storm door glass.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cardinal+2.jpg.html

This exercise makes a Leica-R 250mm f/4 Telyt look very interesting.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: More About Ross Lens)