Subject: [Leica] Last Kodachrome
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:46:42 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net>wrote:

>I was working on something last night and noticed that Exposure 3 has:
>Kodachrome 1936-1962
>Kodachrome II 1962-1974
>Kodachrome 25
>Kodachrome 64
>Kodachrome 200

>There should be something there for everyone.  I have no idea how
>accurate these are, but then I if I don't like the in-camera result I
>just poke around until I find a "film" that seems to suit the image.
>Kodachrome 200 and Velvia 50 seem to come up frequently.

>Ken
If I can't shoot Kodachrome, I don't want to pretend I'm using it.  I don't
like the idea of simulating film.  Instead, I'll let my color pictures look
digital because that's what they will have to be, and use B&W film when I
want monochrome (which is most of the time), since I like using my film
cameras more than any digital camera I have access to.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu