Subject: [Leica] More things from the garden
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:56:01 +1030

I got given some beetroot (beets in other places, I guess) seeds.  My
acquaintance said that they were Derwent globes, an old Australian red
beetroot.  I germinated and planted them out.  They were not Derwent
globes, but a mixture of miscreant beets:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/75+Summilux/beetsv.jpg.html
They made very colourful mess on the cutting board:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Randomness/borsch+makings.jpg.html
and then some very nice borsch, but only after the addition of some
commercially grown beets because borsch need to be _r_e_d_ and the
beets I'd grown made a yellowish-clear soup.
I am allergic to a protein in eggs yolks so I don't know anything
about eggs except that they are very elegant:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/75+Summilux/eggs+web.jpg.html
and that my wife loves them.

All M8, first and last with Summilux 75, middle one with Summilux 35 asph.

Comments etc appreciated,

Marty

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] More things from the garden)
Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] More things from the garden)