Subject: [Leica] Chennai Sangamam
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:18:58 +0530

Larry, Luis,
Thanks. I was actually at Vedanthangal yesterday, it is under a couple of
hours drive from my house, and makes for a nice excursion. It is a great
heronry in a pretty large village pond where birds have been protected for a
few centuries, so tens of thousands now come here in winter to breed. It is
chaotic, and very difficult to photograph, mainly because you are not
allowed close and that too much action is taking place! The photograph you
mentioned was taken looking the other way from the birds, towards the
village and the rice fields.
Cheers
Jayanand