Subject: [Leica] An experiment in film
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:19:33 -0600

On Jan 16, 2011, at 10:31 PM, Chris Williams wrote:

> Or horrible user error?
>
> http://anneruthmann.blogspot.com/2011/01/experiment-in-film.html

Back in the day
we always did our testing (experimenting) of
equipment
emulsions
chemistry
papers
etc.
well before we needed to deliver the results
to clients, customers, friends or family.
So results were highly predictable.

Her results and comments display a certain dumbness,
lack of experience, lack of knowledge, lack of thought, lack of reading a
spec sheet.
"I've really come to embrace being able to seize a moment without needing to
be fully prepared for it with digital."
"expired Kodak NC Portra, a few rolls of expired B&W TMax"
"Another strike against film- or against that camera I was using."
"I don't mind film for unpredictable results when creating personal artwork"

I doubt that she'd be doing photography
without
auto focus
auto exposure