Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:07:20 -0500

Akhil,

I had one of the 17 inch NEC crt monitors too, loved it until it finally
died. That's when I replaced it with the LCD I have now. The NEC lcd screens
are really cool because they are self-calibrating (If you get it with the
Spectraview software and colorimeter). The calibration happens in the
monitor, not by adjusting the video card, the way all other screens are
calibrated. Changing the video card lookup tables reduces the number of
colors the screen can display, doing it internally with the 12bit internal
lookup tables doesn't have that problem. I have tried calibrating my NEC
with spectraview and with the Eye-One display using the i1 match software
that comes with the Eye-One. The Spectraview calibration was more accurate
(using the Eye-one system calibrates the video card, not the screen).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 1/21/11 1:26 AM, "A. Lal" <alal at poly.edu> wrote:

> Thanks again Chris.
>
> I have a soft spot for NEC, I used their 15" and 17" CRT displays for many
> years.  The 17" CRT was still going strong after 6-7 years of use when it
> was replaced by a Sony 20" LCD. The NEC was put on the sidewalk one Sunday
> morning and walked away by the afternoon. Would not surprise me to learn
> that it is still working well today. I thought they had left the market.
> Next time I'm at one of the big stores I'll have a look at the NECs.
>
> Regards,
> Akhil

>>> 817.733.9157