Subject: [Leica] Display Questions
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:48:57 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>wrote:

> We need a much more subdued viewing screen for our tweaking of
> photographs. It
>keeps happening here - if you tell someone that his online postings look
>flat, back comes the reply that it looks fine on his screen. Of course it
>will, but on a dimmer, calibrated screen they look awful - and none of them
>print anyway, so never are going to accept the truth!
======================================================================================================
This seems a good time to ask how the tones of the pictures on my gallery
look to others, in general.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/>

I usually make them a bit darker and contrastier before uploading,  to get
them to look good when I view the gallery on my screen.

Am I fooling myself that they are decent?

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Display Questions)