Subject: [Leica] My 35 ASPH Summilux rattles.
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 06:43:39 +1000

Nor does my new Summilux 35 FLE. This became a mini-frenzy on the L Camera
Forum. Once someone mentioned it, it sparked a spate of previously happy but
now worried lens owners shaking their lenses like castanets until they
convinced themselves that their lenses were about to explode into their
constituent parts. Leica camera examined a least a couple that were sent for
terminal rattleitis and pronounced them normal. It is the aperture mechanism
shifting a tiny amount fore and aft within its location. Not every lens does
it. FWIW, in the spirit of scientific enquiry, I castaneted every lens I own
and none of them tinkle, rattle or explode.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman