Subject: [Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:16:50 +0900

Hello, Nathan,

I regularly get problems at 1250 on the M8, so I usually set the auto
ISO in the Menu options to go to 640 max at 15th sec.  I don't usually
use Auto ISO anyway, but after a few drinks taking photos in the
evening, I will sometimes switch to Auto ISO.

I do think at 1250 you have to expose much more carefully and make
sure the shadows are nice and deep.  That is, err on the side of
underexposure.  Others might recommend exposing to the right, but I
don't.  I might be quite wrong here, as I avoid 1250 and am not
speaking from day in day out high ISO exposure regarding the ISO.  I
treat this as a camera that can use 200, 400, and 800 ISO (although
Leica labels them 160, 320, 640).

All the best,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?)