Subject: [Leica] Crand Canyon video camera
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:17:11 -0500

Adam,

I forgot that you wanted to take video on your Grand Canyon trip. Kodak
recently announced a waterproof HD video camera, the Zi8, available at $99
from Amazon.

Here is a link to the announcement:

http://www.ces-show.com/0355/kodak/camcorders/

I have an earlier model of the camera. It is reasonably waterproof, down to
10 ft. The video is quite good. It uses AA batteries so there is little
difficulty obtaining replacements. It has a 5 MB still picture mode. Had it
been available 20 years back I might have taken it on the kayak trip down
the Grand Canyon.

Larry Z