Subject: [Leica] Marina Beach
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:03:48 +0100

Le 25 janv. 11 ? 09:23, Jayanand Govindaraj a ?crit :

> The last two weeks have been quite hectic photography wise, and I
> have been
> on the streets and beaches of Chennai quite often, trying to
> photograph the
> celebration of the harvest festival of Pongal around town, which
> runs over a
> couple of weeks. These are from Marina Beach, on one of the days of
> the
> festival called Kaanum Pongal, when normally 250,000 people
> congregate here
> to enjoy the carnival like atmosphere. This year, however, there
> were very
> few people, I really don't know why! All shots taken on an Nikon
> D700 with a
> 15 year old AF85mm f1.8 lens:
>
> Double Pose:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_018-Edit.jpg.html

Lovely and so typical of the innocence of youth, which reminds me when
there I had a Polaroid and gave the kids the photo after shooting with
the contax. I stopped when I realized they were fighting for it
afterwards ...

> Teenagers:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_170-Edit.jpg.html

Beautiful ??? ??? ?? (Y?da ?t? hai senorita?)

> Interaction:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_087-Edit.jpg.html

You bet ;-)

> Shootout:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_184-Edit.jpg.html

Great colours and light - I like the shopkeepers cautious gesture too

> Fast Food:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_188-Edit.jpg.html

Looks like eye contact to me - the lens did perfom extremely well
Jayanand - superb!

> Dusk:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_196-Edit.jpg.html

Not many people in swimming gear today either - love the saris BTW

> Cop:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_154-Edit.jpg.html

Maybe you could try to get some detail out here, the blacks of the
silhouette are blocked

> Lookout:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_148-Edit.jpg.html

Up the social ladder then?
I saw police shed at roundabouts built/sponsored by the Rotary - does
this still exist?

> Coast Guard:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/PSM+Pongal_20110117_102-Edit.jpg.html

Shall we call it "fans" ?
Nearly grilled whites, perhaps you could find more detail in the
shirts from the neff file?
> C&C, as always, welcome.

Thanks to Jayanand, I really enjoyed the morning stroll amids vivid
colours which I miss in grey Metz.

Amiti?s
Philippe, locked in with a bad back