Subject: [Leica] New photo from Fort Wayne with Leica and Zeiss
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:00:13 -0600

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Marty Deveney <benedenia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This must be a good photo to have sent me off on this long, tangential
> thought path.  Fantastic actually.  It's Australia Day here today;
> there has been an increased amount of flag waving over the last 5
> years or so.  I am proud of being Australian, but you can help where
> you're born: in some ways immigrants have more to be proud of - art
> least being Australian has required some effort on their part.  But
> I've also observed enough conflict close up to be nervous of all flag
> waving.

Interesting.   I hear that same thought from some people in this country,

Here in the U.S. South, it is inescapable.  Flags of all ilk fly, as well as
banners.

Common lately is the "don't tread on me, favored by tea party peeps."

For a couple years I've been clicking "flag included" shots, I call American
Landscapes.
Not every picture of a flag gets in. I don't know exactly what is the line I
draw, but I know right away when it is a candidate.

http://www.sonc.com/american_landscape/