Subject: [Leica] Mini MF Shoot Out
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:01:23 +1030

The very best lenses from other manufacturers are as good as the Leica
ones.  The new Nikkor 24/1.4 is as good as the Leica-M Summilux 24,
for instance.  Each of these havs different strengths and weaknesses,
and the Nikkor is three times the size of Leica-M lens, but the Nikkor
focuses itself incredibly quickly and silently.  What really
differentiates Leica is that they have no consumer grade lenses, their
entire range is really top notch, and photos produced by their entire
lens range have an amazingly consistent familial look.  Try finding a
new 50 mm lens for any other camera brand as good as the 50/1.4 asph
or the 50/0.95 asph.  There aren't any.  And the lenses that other
manu facturers make don't match the look of their other, very best,
lenses.  Search the LuG archive for Tina's Canon wide angle pain.

Marty