Subject: [Leica] The Christmas House
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 05:02:30 -0500

Thanks Nathan. I think the snow problem is that I used a grainy film (Tri-X)
and a 28mm lens and was far enough away to see the two houses. The detail in
the snow texture never seems to come through well with that
combination...its not the scan or my photoshop work, the neg really hasn't
got much texture beyond the grain of the film, and it wasn't overexposed or
overdeveloped. My snow scenes shot on Tmax 100 in 120 size always have good
snow texture, and 35mm Tri-X does too with images where the snow's texture
is rendeered 'bigger' on the film (like with a closeup or something shot
with a longer lens).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography