Subject: [Leica] How bad is the snow?
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:00:29 -0500

On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:29 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

are things bad to our east ??  I hear there is lots of snow....likely

more than you want.

- - - - -

I don't know about other areas but in the Hudson Valley we really are snow
bound. A thick layer of ice on top of more than a foot of snow covers
everything. Our rural roads have not been plowed. We have not been able to
get out of the house or even to the mailbox for a week. There is a rumor
that Subaru cars will drive through everything. Don't you believe it. Ours
is stuck solid in the ice and can't be moved. Fortunately the power is on.
We have heat and food in the freezer. But not enough till Spring. Where are
the St. Bernards when you need them.

The upside is that I will have time to sort and organize old photo files and
perhaps post a few to the LUG.

Larry Z