Subject: [Leica] unboxing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:00:57 -0500

That's show biz if these was really a first unboxing it could be really
tedious watching someone fumble around endlessly trying to find the next
secret latch the gnomes  from Solms have come up with for them.
As is this is in effect a bit of a fake but that's ok with me.
The guy new EXACTLY where to reach for everything and when.
It was L like he was doing it by remote control; on auto pilot. In his
sleep. Yet passing it off as a real "event".
But I like things which are ordered.
Spontaneity  can get way out of hand. Who needs it?

We we didn't get in this new genre,  "the unboxing" is a feeling of
excitement and discovery which we usually get and which is really an
astragal part of this new art form it seems to me. This box was more
complicated than an ancient wooden maze puzzle from some exotic land.
I think the average genius would take an hour to figure it out. And that's
on two cups of coffee and a candy bar.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com