Subject: [Leica] IMG:Sequence from new 1960's album
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:47:09 -0800

Alan Magayne-Roshak SHOWED:

Hi Alan,
Apart from the interesting images you've posted. I have to say I love/enjoy
looking at the photography of others from these times because they were some
of the more formidable years of mine. So I find them more interesting
because I see the "people of the time" dressed in similar clothing, hair
cuts and many other aspects of my life not seen today.

One thing for sure, you once again point up the fact that we photographers,
"ALL OF US!" Are the recorders of the times and lives within our country,
whichever country it is. Whether one thinks along these lines or not during
their picture taking moments, but it is true. Today everything happening the
world over is so documented the archivists of the future will be overwhelmed
with images! Maybe?   WHY?

Well from our younger times there are negatives & slides still to be found,
a solid property of something tangible remaining. Where as from the recent
past when digital began, the tangibles are only electronic bits and pieces
as I understand, can disappear on their own. Or be deleted by the millions
of frames without thought to the future. So the archivists a hundred or a
thousand years down the line may well have little, if anything from our
turbulent times of today.

Thank you for posting the past times as it allows some of us to "feel the
way it was!" Once again, not just see a reproduction in a long lost book.
cheers,
ted