Subject: [Leica] Borders / now sales tax
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:41:41 -0600

National Bella Hess, Quill and all those are interesting commerce clause
decisions.  Where it gets really interesting is when the tax authorities
of the various states cooperate to track out of state deliveries in the
case of fine jewelry and art.  That will be $420,000 in use tax (the
mirror of sales tax), please.  Art is a bad example since almost all of
it on earth seems to reside in Switzerland.

Ken