Subject: [Leica] Burka Para sailing in Penang
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:38:20 -0800

Daniel Ridings offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Burka Para sailing in Penang

>>>It makes about as much sense as wearing a full black wool suit in Mea
Shearim (street in Jerusalem). But when god is on your side, things
work out just dandy.

Got'a get some religion, Ted.<<<<<<<

Hi Daniel,
It's my understanding the BURKA has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
As I've read that in various published and TV special stories when the BURKA
covering the face is a form of potential illegal activies and the person can
not be identified. Whether that is right or wrong, so be it.

And me get religion? I trust mon ami you are joking with me? :-) Let's put
it this way about my religious feelings:

1/
After two Sprint car crashes, one doing three flips through the air before
finally ending up side down off the track .. The second bumped from behind
into the outside guard rail, car flipped and came down on the guard rail
flipping it back onto the track leaving me with only several cracked ribs.

2/
Going down in a burning helicopter onto the arctic ice at 55 below zero !

3/
Drivng a stock car and flipped it on its side where I hit the outside rail
roof collapsed to shoulder level inside bounced back onto the ashphalt track
on it's side and was hit three times before the race was stopped to get me
out. Not a scratch!

4/
Covering two wars with nothing more then a few Leicas for any form of
protection. And under fire one time where a shot or two passed through my
camera bag lying at my side!

5/
A crash landing in a ski equipped Otter aircraft in the high Arctic at a
DECCA guidance station. Bad weather, bad landing! We walked away.

Do I need religion? NOPE!  Not me my old son, as I have it big time simply
because I know without question the "Great Spirit" has been looking after me
all these years or I wouldn't be writing this! :-)
Have a nice day!
cheers,
Dr. ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Burka Para sailing in Penang)