Subject: [Leica] Israel picture show
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:24:13 -0500

Peter writes:

I've been asked to give a presentation at work on my trip to Israel.  Many

of you have seen the photos I have to choose from. Does anyone have a rule

of thumb about how many photos can be reasonably shown in a 50-minute

presentation?  I'll be narrating, and obviously some pictures will have a

very quick narration, some more.  Q&A at the end will be additional time

beyond the 50 minutes.
- - - - - - -
Peter,
It all depends on how much you want to talk about each picture and how
verbal you are. I've done similar slide and picture lectures in the past and
I've found that one picture a minute is about right. At least for me. So 50
pictures would be my limit. But the best suggestion I can give is to do a
couple of dry runs of the show to a trial audience, say your wife and a few
neighbors. See how many pictures you can get through at a moderate pace
before your audience loses interest. Remember that you don't have to discuss
each picture. Blocks of two or three related pictures can be shown with no
comment. Vary the pace to keep the audience from being bored. Basically, you
are an entertainer, not a professor.
Good luck. Knock 'en dead. Break a leg!
Larry Z