Subject: [Leica] cap for collapsible summicron 50/2
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:11:01 -0800

The collapsible Summicron had medium hard glass, but very soft
coatings. If you get one, make sure to get one that is clean and has
always lived under a UV filter. It's a good idea to keep it that way.
This is one lens that I would recommend using with a filter.

Current lenses have very hard coatings and don't need filters; in
fact I would generally recommend against it. On the other hand, lens
hoods are good for all lenses.