Subject: [Leica] SmugMug Link, as promised.
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:58:09 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 3/12/11, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

> Nice collection.  How many
> batteries and cards did you go through in acquiring these?

Not that many.  The total frame count, all three cameras, was 467, including
about a dozen that were just playing with the little kids in the audience
and another dozen trying to get that dadgum little Yorkie to behave.... (I
love Yorkies but they are noncooperative photo subjects...)

Between my first mentor teaching me to shoot with 4x5 Ektachrome in an old
B&J field camera...  ("When it costs $5 a click, you learn to pay attention
and not waste film.") and now 16+ years of newspaper work for editors who
regard any shot without faces and names to go with them as wasted time...
it's very very hard for me to let go and just play with visuals.

I need to go to the backside of beyond for a week or so and NOT shoot people
for a while.  I almost don't know how to do that any more.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...