Subject: [Leica] Staunton's Bar 4 panel pano
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:55:46 -0700

Hi Howard,
Very nice pano...

However what I really like about it is... your simple explanation in a post
of how you shot it with a no fuss, no muss manner..

Set camera for exposure, hand hold and click away! simple! :-) Or close to
that. :-)

It's this fashion of shooting I love so much without twenty four hours of
fussing, tripods, testing etc etc and it goes on! It can almost work out to
the best living moment "was there" to "GONE!" :-(

My life as a photographer has been, see it, shoot it! No thought any more
than that! Have I blown any? Yep and I'm the first to admit it! From
photographing Queen Elizabeth with invisible film in an empty camera, to any
number of other things and kicked myself in the ass Royally on more than one
occasion! :-) But your description is how I would've done it also. KISS!!

Sorry I can't find the quote, but it was a no brainer, "see -- shoot
basically!" :-)

One can know every technical detail in the photographic world, have every
little dinky bob item with you, think it out for twenty hours and still
shoot nothing but an absolutely technical perfect photograph that will be
beautifully executed technically! But? Just be a simple piece of crap from
over doing all the techie stuff!
In your case thank goodness that wasn't the case! Good on you!

The truth is.... "Feel it in your heart and it will work! " ... KISS

Sorry rather long winded about a well shot pano photograph ! :-)
cheers,
ted

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Staunton's Bar 4 panel pano)